Re: Ochoco Mountains Mystery

Subject: Re: Ochoco Mountains Mystery
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Wed Jun 6, 2007 9:27 pm ((PDT))
Hi Rodger,
I am no expert on birds, but I still think hermit thrush is the best
bet. If you go to the hermit thrush page on that same Cornell site,
you will hear their recording sounds very similar to mine. I don't
hear much similarity at all with their Veery recording.  It seems the
hermit thrush starts each phrase with a clear single note and then the
fluttered twinkles.

-John Hartog

--- In  "rchapanis"