Re: Beginner question - Sony MiniDisc vs Zoom flash recorder

Subject: Re: Beginner question - Sony MiniDisc vs Zoom flash recorder
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Jun 3, 2007 6:56 am ((PDT))
Zoom H4 produces a 640 Hz tone which cannot be removed. It's the
voltage converter, but the tone is still there, even if you feed it
with a external 7,2 volt supply. In one of the Zoom discussion
groups, a user had been able to bring this tone down to "-42 db" (by
adding 3 high capacitance condensors over the voltage rail) - but
that is not low enough for nature recordings.
I was very disappointed, as it was cheap and had a "good enough" mic input.

Klas.