Re: Man made noise and nature recording

Subject: Re: Man made noise and nature recording
From: "geopaul7" geopaul7
Date: Fri Jun 1, 2007 7:41 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "David Kuhn" <> wro=
te:

> George, might this be Coatimundi, that most beguiling neotropical
> creature? I used to stay in a lodge in Guatemala that had a resident
> Coati that could make all those sounds and more. It would be unusual
> to see only two however, as they like to roam in big "parties".
>
> Aloha,
> David

Very close.  It was two raccoons, whom I assume were mating, as my cats loo=
ked on.  I am
intrigued by growling and yelping they make.  I had not heard that before.

Coatimundi is a great guess.

Thus, we have an example of interesting sounds recorded in Suburbia, at 5:0=
0 am, with some
civilized sounds around like domestic cats and the highway in the distance.