Sony Hi-MD MZ-NH900 vs MZ-RH1

Subject: Sony Hi-MD MZ-NH900 vs MZ-RH1
From: "portellidean" portellidean
Date: Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 pm ((PDT))
Hi all,

 I'm new to this list and pretty much a novice when it comes to sound
recording, although I did carry out a study of the song of Noisy Scrub-
birds back in 2001. I am about to venture back into recording (for
scientific analysis of vocalisations) and have ordered a Sennheiser
ME67/K6 Microphone setup and am looking for a suitable recorder,
considering I am operating on a small budget and will be carrying
equipment with me regularly as I wander through the bush.
 I have searched the archives but there is too much that I don't
understand so I thought I'd just put out a question. While the Sony Hi-
MD MZ-NH900 is difficult to obtain now as it is discontinued there is a
possibility for me to purchase one from overseas. However, I could go
with the newer MZ-RH1. So, my question is which should I go for (price
will be roughly similar)?
 Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance
Dean

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: