Re: An unusual and straightforward public request to Walter Knapp

Subject: Re: An unusual and straightforward public request to Walter Knapp
From: "" jerkabobber
Date: Tue May 29, 2007 5:55 pm ((PDT))

"I wish you would share some of your favorite recordings. I really think yo=
ur Bufo
americanus is a classic. Well, all your toads are great, as is the Bird voi=
ced treefrog."=A0=A0

Please share... "Bufo americanus" and especially=A0the=A0"Bird voiced treef=
rog" !?!? That sounds great, I'm curious. Frogs and toads are what I got in=
to this for.

I look forward to the day when I can carry my own equipment with me when I =
go backpacking and bicycle touring. Actually, not sure about the bicycle to=
uring with equipment yet... I think it may be a bit rough for the electroni=
cs. Which leads me to a question.

We already discussed some of the backpacking solutions, I am assuming that =
anyone who carries there recording equipment on a backpacking trip will app=
ly to bicycle touring as well. Just=A0more padding possibly. I plan on carr=
ying a Sony MZ RH1=A0with Shure WL183's (when I get them, don't have them y=
et) I killed a camera during a tour, possibly from the jarring but thats on=
ly speculation. That's why I would be hesitant to carry my recording gear o=
n a bike tour. Where as on a backpacking trip, one has more "control" over =
there belongings.

Anyone in the group=A0out there bicycle tour and carry there gear with them=
? If so, what do you do to protect your gear?

~dave