Re: Measuring noise levels

Subject: Re: Measuring noise levels
From: "userno232000" userno232000
Date: Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 am ((PDT))
You're in the right direction. This digitally mimics (sort of) what a
true rms meter does in the analog domain. One needs to be a little
careful. Your 1024 samples relates to a certain amount of time
(depending on sampling rate) and then the averaging of these groups
together will roughly correspond to a continuous rms with post filter.
We have an app note on line somewhere at analog.com on rms
measurement.

--- In  Steve Pelikan <>
wrote:

> Gianni Pavan wrote
>
> > A great occasion also for those having a phonometer!!
>
> I've tried measuring sound levels with regular recording gear and
I'd