Re: FR2LE Questions

Subject: Re: FR2LE Questions
From: "scottsherk27" scottsherk27
Date: Mon May 28, 2007 7:04 am ((PDT))
Chris,
When I first tried the Fostex FR2-le, I used rechargable AA NiMH's.
When I installed a 7.2v Tamiya it recognized the difference and
changed to "7.2v".  Perhaps you must return the battery setting
from "Alkali" to "NiMH" (the default) for it to recognize the
Tamiya.  I've had no problems with the Tamiya battery.  I'm using a
4500mAh and have been getting excellent battery life from it.

Scott

--- In  "Chris Hails" <>
wrote:

> After 5 months peaceful co-existence between myself and Sonic Stage
> it has become increasingly unstable over recent weeks (maybe due to
> Windows updates ?). Last weekend was the end when it started to
auto-
> delete those files that it refused to transfer. An upgrade to SS
Message: 4.
Subject: 3
> did not help and I lost 14 field files (was I happy ?).
>
> Good news for Fostex though as I have been able to get hold of an
> FR2LE this week, and with some off-line help from Klaas it is
friends
> with my Telinga. So off to new adventures, but two initial
questions
> for more experienced users:
>
> 1. Mic trim controls: not sure what these do (is it a pre-pre-
amp ?),
> the manual says to set them so that the "mic peak" lights do not
come
> on. But even with the pots set at max I cannot make them light up.
If
> I use it with the mic trims set at max does it cost me anything ?
If