3. Re: 16 Bit & 24 Bit recordings

Subject: 3. Re: 16 Bit & 24 Bit recordings
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sat May 26, 2007 4:02 pm ((PDT))
Hi Danny,
I was not trying to enter the debate - just trying to clarify. You
suggested that switching to 24bit would have solved your clipping
problem, but if your gain levels are already set way low in 16bit and
it is clipping then, it will probably still be clipping if you switch
to 24bit unless you attenuate somehow - right?  Isn't X dB still X dB
and 0 still 0 in either format? Just wondering?

-John Hartog

--- In  "Danny Meltzer"