Re: Backpacking Solutions Revisited - Pop editing

Subject: Re: Backpacking Solutions Revisited - Pop editing
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sat May 26, 2007 10:35 am ((PDT))
I'm not sure what if any other editing programs offer something like
Audition's Marquee tool - time/frequency specific edits while in
spectral view.

Similar to a photo editor, click and drag the cursor to make a box (or
draw a polygon in version 2.0)over the area in the spectral image you
want to alter, and then you can apply a wide range of effects.

I'm sure there are several ways to deal with a pop or click using the
Marquee tool. Cutting and Pasting as I previously described, or as
umashankar mentioned, using the "remove pop or click" effect. Or
another way would be to use the "amplify" effect and attenuate the pop
until it blends in.

Adobe Audition offers a free trial for a month I think. If you are not
in the market to spend on new software - a lot can be accomplished in
one month.

-John Hartog

<hartogj_1999@> wrote:

> > Ok so in a nutshell
> >
> > I'm using Adobe Audition 1.5: the newer one my be a bit different.
> >
> > While in the spectral view use the marquee tool to select the area
> > including the heart of the pop.
> > http://www.rockscallop.org/how/pop-edits/Edit-pic02.JPG
> >
> > Drag that rectangle to a parallel but cleaner section of the recording
> > and copy it.
> > http://www.rockscallop.org/how/pop-edits/Edit-pic03.JPG
> >
> > Drag the rectangle back over the pop section and hit the delete key.
> > http://www.rockscallop.org/how/pop-edits/Edit-pic04.JPG
> >
> > Paste in the copied clean section.
> > http://www.rockscallop.org/how/pop-edits/Edit-pic05.JPG
> >
> > Of course if you have a lot of pops to edit, this could get tedious.
> >
> > -John Hartog
> >

> > --- In  "John Hartog"
> > <hartogj_1999@> wrote:
> > >
> > > There George, I uploaded the edited version to the group files.
Seemed
> > > to do the trick. I will elaborate on the process in my next post.
> > >
> > > - John Hartog
>

> Thank you very much.
>
> I am feeling  inadequate now.  I bet my editor can do this and I
just don't know how to do
> it properly.
>
> Can you explain in layman's terms what you did?  Did you redraw the
digital information?

> In other words, did your mouse and tool make a graphic
representation, which the