Re: Ithaca, New York

Subject: Re: Ithaca, New York
From: "asiootusloe" asiootusloe
Date: Fri May 25, 2007 3:50 pm ((PDT))
Hi David,
Some info from Ithaca resident! There are lots of frogs calling. but
as for quiet places, I am afraid they seem to be fewer these days.
You could try Connecticut Hill Ponds, Sapsucker Woods Ponds, Bull
Pasture ponds, Thomas Road Pond etc. But road traffic is amazing and
can be heard several miles away. So it all depends on your luck and
how quick you are to get some decent recordings just before the next
car comes. In connecticut hills the noise is mostly of planes and
amazingly sometimes even at night there are as many as six planes
flying overhead. It seems to be a major fly way for international
routes.

Another nicer location is Fingerlankes National Forest ponds. Or
Ponds on Black Oak road.

You can contact me off the list if you need more info.

Cheers
Meena

--- In  "wildlifeanalysis"