2. Re: Omni spacing for nature recording...

Subject: 2. Re: Omni spacing for nature recording...
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Fri May 11, 2007 7:55 am ((PDT))
You're welcome!

Start with a beer can and two 10 mm electrets just very close.
Different angels. Try an array of 3-6 omnis.
Or two beer cans standing vertically, with an array of 3-6 10 mm
electrets, also vertically. (Unless you want the sky in one channel
and the ground in the other, hihi)
I have done some very preliminary tests and it has been enough
promising to be noted at my overflowing "to do as soon as I have some
spare time over" list.

Klas.

At 15:35 2007-05-11, you wrote:
>Here I thought I was almost done tinkering with such things for a
>while, and then you come along with this intriguing suggestion! Darn...
>
>Curt Olson
>
>Klas wrote:
>
> > Another way to experiment, is to use omnis facing towards a ball or
> > pipe surface,  using the PZM effect.  That is not A-B stereo, though.
>

>"Microphones are not ears,
>Loudspeakers are not birds,
>A listening room is not nature."
>Klas Strandberg