how is replayed...

Subject: how is replayed...
From: "Antonio Celis" tony_celis
Date: Wed May 9, 2007 7:49 am ((PDT))
Hi Klas,

I think you just mentioned something very important, how it is replayed.

The playback system had been always my concern when we discuss about listen=
ing
recordings and when we COMPARE arrays or recordings by ear.

When discussing about recordings or arrays, we should mention how it should=
 be
listened to find to X or Y image. With headphones is easier but with monito=
rs,
we should use an standard position for the speakers or mention the way we a=
re
listening when we refer to an X image.

Tony Celis

--- Klas Strandberg <> escribi=F3:

> I have used omnis a lot, with various spacing.
> It sounds good or better, depending on how you replay it. I think A-B
> stereo  always have to be judged from how it is replayed.
> I usually recommend A-B stereo to people who are making slide shows,
> with sound, in big halls.
> I don't like A-B stereo when using headphones.
> The open mic recordings at my sound gallery are Blumlein.
>
> Klas.
>
> At 06:05 2007-05-09, you wrote:
> >Are any people here using omnis to record nature sounds? And, if so,
> >what spacings are you using?
> >
> >Assuming I wanted to capture a 360 degree scene, like a dawn chorus in
> >a rainforest, what would you recommend?
> >
> >Theory suggests that if I want to capture such a scene, I'd need a
> >spacing that allows a 180 degree recording angle, and is able to
> >compress that width into a stereo signal that extends from hard left
> >to hard right. According to Image Assistant, a spacing between 22cm
> >and 25cm will do it with minimum angular distortion (only at the
> >extremes, beyond 75% hard left or right).
> >
> >Any thoughts or suggestions from those using omnis for nature
> >recording would be appreciated.
> >
> >- Greg Simmons
> >

> >"Microphones are not ears,
> >Loudspeakers are not birds,
> >A listening room is not nature."
> >Klas Strandberg
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
> S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
> Phone & fax int + 295 310 01
> email:
> website: www.telinga.com

Antonio Celis-Murillo

=09
=09
=09=09
Do You Yahoo!?
La mejor conexi=F3n a Internet y <b >2GB</b> extra a tu correo por $100 al =
mes. http://net.yahoo.com.mx