3. Re: Group File Hosting Space (was How do you post sound fil

Subject: 3. Re: Group File Hosting Space (was How do you post sound fil
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Thu May 3, 2007 10:07 am ((PDT))
At 3:38 PM +0000 5/3/07, Rich Peet wrote:
>Ok, ok. I will try and change my ways as I am very guilty of "post,
>show, and delete".  Part of me is from feeling guilty enough when I am
>just wrong.  As this forum is a learning tool for me I am going to be
>wrong enough. I will now make a last informal post to my own server
>and will try not to fill up the group server space with a multitude of
>junk that I do post for fun.
>
>Rich Peet

Hi Rich
No! not at all!  I'm saying the opposite, lets get serious about
sharing the fun.

Rather than "upload, post link, discuss and delete," why not
encourage everyone to upload their sound files where they will be
maintained and preserved.

I fully understand why one would not want to burden one's personal
server space, pay for costly data transfers and maintain the files
every time one has the urge to share something with the group.

We might, for example, be able to get an institution to support all
the space we require for such sharing at no expense to us. Rob D