1. Re: New member

Subject: 1. Re: New member
From: "geopaul7" geopaul7
Date: Wed May 2, 2007 10:57 am ((PDT))
--- In  Fernando Gonzalez Garcia
<> wrote:

> Hola amigos: This is my first post, so i would like to introduce
myself. I
> am a mexican ornithologist who has been doing recording from 4 year
ago in
> different places of Mexico. I have been recording principally in
Chiapas and
> Veracruz states, and recently in Guatemala. I am interesting on all
bird
> sounds of Mexican avifauna, but my speciality are the cracids,
especially
> the Horned Guan.

HOLA  Fernando.

I have wanted to see and perhaps record the Horned Guan for some
time.  I love the cracids and have recorded
Chachalacas, like probably many here.  Have been birding in Mexico
since 1974, when I was in high school.

First, where do you live, and would you be amenable to a visit by a
for breif recording trip, primarily of "soundscapes?"  -- ecosystem
sounds, or as Krasue says, biophony?  I can also do a video
production of it, with some good sound treatment, perhaps as a short
documentary.

Next,  do you want to make a commerically distributed CD or just
something for your friends?  If the latter, that should be pretty
easy.  If you tell me more perhaps I can advise you off line.

Great to hear from you.  Favorite thrush sound--Brown backed
solitaire. Myadestes obscurus.  That rocks!

George Paul