R-09 windshield ??

Subject: R-09 windshield ??
From: "Fernando de Izuzquiza" fdisynth
Date: Wed May 2, 2007 7:41 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

Anyone found any solution windshield-wise for the R-09's internal mics?

Can't find a good way. Not easy because of it's shape at the top (square+round
corners) and
because you end up covering the display.
But if someone found a solution even covering the display I would be happy.
It is great to have in the pocket and just grab it and record a strange
beautiful sound, at least
for reference, but in most ocasions a windshield is missed...
Anyone?

P.S. I own much better equipment (Deva, Schoeps, Rycote, etc) but the R-09 on
itself is so
light and small and has so good battery life that is the only equipment I carry
in situations
were I would not carry anything.
Also I'm very surprised of it's spatial recreation using it's mics (all within
it's price range, of
course) I'm refering to front-rear image, the side separation it's not that
great.
It is also great to leave it recording on a tree or a rock while having a nap
or walking further
and then listen to it later on.
And also great for inmediate recording. But that's why I ask for a windshield
solution. I won't
use the filter since it starts cutting too high... and it wont solve the wind
issue anyway!

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."