Re: False takes

Subject: Re: False takes
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:01 pm ((PDT))
Lou Judson <> wrote:
>...usefulness of the Sound Devices "false takes" function -
> you can move mistaken takes to a separate folder but
> not lose them...

It turns out this is a feature of the FR-2LE file system as well.

In Fostex-speak, a file removed from the Audio Decision List is a
"free" file that doesn't show up in the normal play list.  You can
insert a "free" file anywhere in the list.  See pp 83 & 84 of the
FR-2LE manual.

I got my hands on an FR-2LE for a few hours today.  My initial
impression is very good.  I'll post a few notes later.

--oryoki