1. Re: Paris Suburb Ambience

Subject: 1. Re: Paris Suburb Ambience
From: "Matthieu Crocq" matthieucrocq
Date: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:16 am ((PDT))
> 2.1. Paris Suburb Ambience
>     Posted by: "Jeremy Bowker"  jeremybowker
>     Date: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:45 pm ((PDT))
>
> Hello!
>
> I have a bit of a random question.  Does anyone know
> what types of birds, frogs, and other natural ambiance
> you'd find in the suburbs of Paris?
>
> Thanks so much!
> Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

There are many many species around there, but it depends on what
you're calling "suburbs"... The two woods in the East and West
sides of the town? the near suburbs (< 10 km from Notre-Dame)?
the intermediate (10 to 30 km away) or far (60 km) suburbs?

Are you looking for urban species only, or forest/countryside
animals? Around 360 species of birds can be found in the whole
region Ile-de-France, but if you're just looking after birds
in the main Parisian urban parks you can downsize this number
by a third. But if you're just looking after bird songs to
include in a movie soundtrack, by example, you'll be OK with
the ten to twenty major species that may be heard everywhere.

Tell me if I can help you... If you can read French, I'll send
some web links. If you don't, I may give you the latin names for
the main species of birds (and I don't know much about the frogs
but I can easily find more about them).

Best regards,
Matthieu
@paris