Re: new Telinga!

Subject: Re: new Telinga!
From: "Nick Roast" nick_felmicamps
Date: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 am ((PDT))
The new FEL Battery Microphone Amplifier that Phil mentions does
indeed supply PIP to the microphone, at 5 volts.

Nick Roast. FEL Communications.

--- In  Philip Tyler
<> wrote:

> Well done Klas! Hopefully that will get Telinga owners clear of the
noise problem associated with the noisy mic-amps used on these Edirol
and M-Audio devices. Although a mini-disc recorder or something like
these might be useful for those who do not use the Telinga system:

> http://www.micbooster.com/products/fel3.5series.html
>
> These would prove useful in helping to boost the microphone signal
prior to connecting it to the units mic-amps and give you lower noise.

> Or I see they now do a mic-preamp:
>
> http://www.micbooster.com/products/felbattpreamp.html
>
> Which would allow owners of the Edirol or M-Audio devices to use the
line-input, hopefully with even lower noise. I am not sure if it
supplies PIP, but that can be easily added using a couple of
capacitors, a couple of resistors and a PP3 battery in a small box
which sits between the microphone and pre-amp.