3. MZ-M200 vs MZ-RH1 (was Compact field recorder,..

Subject: 3. MZ-M200 vs MZ-RH1 (was Compact field recorder,..
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:48 am ((PDT))
At 11:44 AM -0400 4/6/07, Walter Knapp wrote:
>Has anyone tried the Sony MZ-M200?
>http://www.minidisco.com/Sony-MZ-M200
>
>It records both in himd and the original MD formats. Fully compatable
>with macs. Appears to be a newer version than the MZ-RH1, though I could
>be wrong because I've not been keeping track.
>
>Walt

The descriptions of the recording formats "read" a little differently
and are confusing folks (including me). Several Hi-MD forum links
suggest the only difference is the electret  "T-mic" accessory.
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=3D18108&hl=3Dmz-m200

Here's a favorable review of the RH-1 /MZ-M200 by a producer in the
TV industry,..
http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0051/t.509.html

Here's the best Hi-MD recorder model/feature listing I know of:
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Hi-MD_Sony.html

The last few times I searched for MZ-NH700 deals, I could find none
except for single items on eBay and they were scarce. Anybody seen
these units for sale anywhere?

Rob D.