Re: [nature_sounds_society] Event- SF Bay Area: Fish Ears and Shrimp

Subject: Re: [nature_sounds_society] Event- SF Bay Area: Fish Ears and Shrimp
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 pm ((PDT))
> I suggest you all visit www.seaflow.org to get an idea of what it is
> all about - it is NOT a collection of cute animal sounds (though there
> are some!) but an examination of the significance of acoustics to our
> marine friends in the oceans, and some of the harmful activities humans
> are perpetrating. Michael is a very good speaker and a deeply committed
> individual, and it is something worth hearing!

I second the opinion, it was a great talk that clearly could have gone
on for several more hours without exhausting the speaker, subject, or
audience! The hardest thing actually was keeping up with all the
implications and the wealth of worthwhile detail, only a fraction of
which I will be able to remember next week... :)

 aaron

--

  quietamerican.org
  oneminutevacation.org