Re: noise related to mic powering...

Subject: Re: noise related to mic powering...
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:22 pm ((PDT))
I tried my 5 year old Sennheiser ME62 at 24/192 and you are right.
I just have never thought of using the ME62 at a sample rate greater
than 44.1 on the battery.  Whenever I use a sample rate greater than
Message: 44.
Subject: 1 I have always just used 48volt phantom power.  The problem does
not occur if you are using 48 volts and turn the switch on the mic.

Here is a 130KB download photo that shows the ME-62 being powered by
the battery with a sample rate of 192kb.
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/me62.jpg

Rich Peet

--- In  "David La Puma"