Re: [gear] Marantz PMD671 for $700

Subject: Re: [gear] Marantz PMD671 for $700
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 pm ((PDT))
There's inaacurate text on the blurb there:

"The PMD671 Ok your asking what is the difference between the PMD670
and the PMD671. Well there are 2 Specific features that you may
consider. One this is the only digital recorder in the word with
Confidence Monitoring, it means when you are listening through the
headphones while you are recording you are actually listen to a
playback from the compact flash card, 100% assurance of recordings).
The second item compact card checking. The card checking feature allow
you to check for bad sectors on the compact flash card before you start
recording eliminating recording errors."

Sound Device 7xx series do both of these things. But maybe SD exists in
  a different "word" than the 671!

Just noticing...

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689