Rode NT1-A comments?

Subject: Rode NT1-A comments?
From: "Bruce" natureguyusa
Date: Thu Mar 8, 2007 8:48 am ((PST))
Hi,

I am building all new equipment this early Spring and am looking for some
new microphones that have significantly lower noise than the Sennheiser ME6=
6
(16dB).

I know there are recordists here that use the Rode NT1-A. I have listend to
some awesome samples posted here. On paper it seems like a really nice
microphone with extremely low noise and is relatively inexpensive. The case
design won't work for me, so I would be throwing that away. I would like to
know how you like the NT1-A? Are you having any issues with the microphone,
in general or in the field? I am a little concerned that they are relativel=
inexpensive compared with other microphones in the low noise class. Does th=
low cost mean they don't last very long in a field environment or sound
awful? Any other microphone suggestions?

Anyone using the NT1-A with a MicroTrack 24/96's phantom power? I couldn't
get any definite answers from Rode tech support on the phantom supply needs=
.
I know the Microtrack's Phantom is weak, so I am working on building a
48-Volt Phantom, ultra-low noise mic preamp to line and digital out board.

Thanks for any input.

Bruce Rutkoski
www.natureguystudio.com