Upgraded from SS 3.4 to SS 4.0

Subject: Upgraded from SS 3.4 to SS 4.0
(not sure if this counts as "editing" but it is easier to keep track of
any failures that way)
Message: 3.
Subject: Only transferring and wav converting one file at a time, previously
I marked them all and tried to transfer in one go.
Message: 4.
Subject: Standing VERY still whilst doing the "write to disc" procedure in
the field - this may be the most critical step - I previously used to
return it to my pocket or bum pack whilst it wrote, I thought this was
insufficient vibration to cause a problem but may well have been wrong,
I now hold it in the palm of my hand and don't move until it is
finished.
Message: 5.
Subject: Since reading the advice (I think it was Rob D) I do not re-format
my disc but use the "erase all" option; have no clue what difference it
makes.

Like Richard I am not upgrading to SS 4.2 since what I have now works
98% of the time with no need to initiate repeat transfers!

And yes, HiMD is working just great for me.

Chris