Re: PanasonicTriples UK

Subject: Re: PanasonicTriples UK
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Tue Feb 6, 2007 3:57 pm ((PST))
--- In  "Roger Norwood"
<> wrote:

> Thanks for that Tom.
> I am a member of the WSRS but didn't realise Fell did the WM-61
caps. I have just purchased a parabolic dish through the WSRS to go
with my C451/CK8 combo so am looking forward to a bit of soldering
before the breeding season starts.
> I have a GS Woodpecker pair that has returned to the same nest hole
for the last two years in line-of-sight 30ft from my bedroom window
and I want to be ready for them as they start prospecting this time. I
thought, the dish & rifle centred on the hole and some home made
triplets for general stereo ambience.

Roger and the Group

I also purchased a WSRS 22" dish over the Christmas period.  I plan to
make a more easily hand-holdable affair than the 24" corrux one I made
last year.  Although there is little difference in weight between the
two dishes I think the 22" should be easier to hand hold provided I
get a good design for the handle.

I use a pair of Rapid triplets in the Corrux dish

http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/TomR/tripletsinparabolic.JPG

Because I have been busy with the barrier rigs I have not properly
tested the stereo parabolic.  Early trials in my back garden show it
to be very directional(once I determined the focal point) but it does
seem to still have some stereo capability.

Maybe I will take it out to the salt marsh this week.  I think the
sensitivity of the triplets coupled with the reflector will make for
some interesting results.

Cheers
Tom Robinson