Re: Telinga microphone

Subject: Re: Telinga microphone
From: "Antonio Celis" tony_celis
Date: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 am ((PST))
Klas,

Thanks for your promptly response.

I have to say that your mics are amazing for field work!

My question was just to make sure what is the best position for the mic to =
get
360 ambience recordings without dish (360=3D180(L)+180(R)). The mic facing =
up or
facing down with X height?

Well, your answer is helpful.

Thanks

Antonio Celis

--- Klas Strandberg <> escribi=F3:

> The stereo DATmic has 4*10 mm electrets at each side, membranes
> facing down to a plate.
> This works better than using, for example, a EM23 capsule, with about
> the same membrane size.
>
> 1/ You get 4 FETamps in parallel, which decreases the FET noise by 3
> db for each parallel coupling,
> 2/ you get a "hole in the middle" of the "membrane" which means that
> you avoid some of the worst resonances between the membrane and the plate=
.

> Klas.
>
> At 16:19 2007-01-30, you wrote:
> >Hi Klas,
> >
> >Is Telinga Stereo DAT has two capsules or multiple capsules. I do not
> remember
> >who told me that had more than one capsule on every side (on the Stereo
> DAT).
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Antonio Celis
> >

> >Antonio Celis Murillo

> >La mejor conexi=F3n a Internet y <b >2GB</b> extra a tu correo por
> >$100 al mes. http://net.yahoo.com.mx
> >

> >"Microphones are not ears,
> >Loudspeakers are not birds,
> >A listening room is not nature."