Re: Range Maps: vector graphics

Subject: Re: Range Maps: vector graphics
From: "jpbeale" jpbeale
Date: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:33 pm ((PST))
Just as info, if you need to work with vector graphics without
spending a lot of money, there are some free and open-source
general-purpose programs for that. They run on Windows, Mac, and
Unix/Linux:

Scribus  (ps, eps: publishing) http://www.scribus.net/
can import postscript files and edit graphically

Inkscape (SVG: illustration) http://www.inkscape.org/
can import Adobe Illustrator SVG files (.ai.svg)

GRASS is an open-source GIS application
http://grass.itc.it/intro/index.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS

It seems very powerful but I think fairly complex to learn. I am not
familiar with it myself.