Re: $1000 recorder challenge

Subject: Re: $1000 recorder challenge
From: "Mark R." seoulgypsy
Date: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:25 am ((PST))
Hi All,

I am reminded of what started this challenge as a statement of an untested
but an informed vicariously formed opinion of "spectacular", in reference to
the Oade Mod of the PMD 660. Now I am all in favor of these tests as they
reveal so much. That said, I would never buy something solely on the opinion
of someone in this group, and I would caution anyone with that predilection.

The effort to explain, show and standardize a quiet recording is quite
admirable and I want to thank the members of this group and especially Rob
for that. You have done so much in dissecting how it doesn't take  $2000+ to
get into nature recording...and as was pointed out, that quiet ambience is a
concern for most of the group members..but not all. As for the testing
goes...I am excited to see how they turn out and apologize for any vehement
outbursts that might have seemed out of place.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,

Mark R.

--
Every seed is awakened and so is all animal life. It is through this
mysterious power that  we too have our being and we therefore yield to our

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."
Klas Strandberg