$1000 recorder challenge

Subject: $1000 recorder challenge
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:03 pm ((PST))
When I had an Oade-modified PMD660 to use for a while, I thought it
sounded great.  But is it the best-sounding field recorder under $1000? =

I'm willing to put my assertion to the test.  I'll buy a new PMD660
from Oade and send it to Rob D. for his analysis.  (Rob, send it back,
OK?)

We'll need other recorders to compare with the modified PMD660. Rob
already has one candidate, the Sony Hi-MD plus an external phantom
power box.

We need others to volunteer to send their favorite sub-$1000 recorder
to Rob for comparison.  If you can't send a recorder, then at least
nominate the setup you think is best for field recording when you have
$1000 USD to spend.

Game on! Happy Holidays to all.

--oryoki