Re: [gear] Sonosax Mini R82 on sale

Subject: Re: [gear] Sonosax Mini R82 on sale
From: "Andy Freeth" badger540
Date: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:57 am ((PST))
I saw one of the Sonosax machines at the SBES (Sound and Broadcasting Equipment
Show) at Birmingham, back in November.
The capability to record 8 tracks via the digital connector is a good design
feature.

Sadly, as with my SD 744, if you want to use 4 microphones, you are still
forced to carry an external peramp for the second pair of mics.

The metering on the SD is better than the Sonosax, which only has a small LCD
window for everything.
The extra cost for the accessory cables to interface to the unit should also be
considered.

However, I guess that the size and weight advantage, plus the ability to use AA
batteries will suit many users.

Andy  UK