Alternative to unsubscribing

From: "Syd Curtis"
Date: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:05 pm ((PST))
Hello Martyn,

When off-line for a few weeks an awful lot of messages from mailing lists
can accumulate.  Unsubscribing and later re-subscribing is one solution, bu=
a recent note from the moderator of <birding-aus> (an Australian mailing
list) offers an alternative.  I haven't had occasion to try it, but will be
doing so in February.  It appears useful:

If you are going to be away or offline for a while, rather than
unsubscribing you can turn your mail off by going to
http://lists.vicnet.net.au/mailman/listinfo/birding-aus    and logging in
with your email address and password. Drop me a line if you need a hand.

So I wonder whether naturerecordists offers anything similar?

Cheers

Syd