Re: SASS on ebay

Subject: Re: SASS on ebay
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Mon Dec 4, 2006 2:50 pm ((PST))
Posted by: "Danny Meltzer"

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D260060564628&ssPageN=
ame=3DADME:B:SS:US:1

> in case someone is looking...cheap BIN price.

I should note that this is the standard Crown SASS, not the modified
SASS I use.

Primary differences is it's got a lot more self noise, something like 21
dBA if I remember right. Sensitivity is only about 6mv/Pa.

Compare that to the mod SASS/MKH-20 where the self noise is 10dBA and
sensitivity is 25mv/Pa.

I have one of the Crown unmodified SASS here. It can be used to record
where the sounds are louder and the ambiance is not all that quiet. It
sees very little use as I have the mod SASS/MKH-20

Walt

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."