Re: spam filter

Subject: Re: spam filter
From: "Syd Curtis"
Date: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:09 pm ((PST))
Hello Martyn,

                  And I wonder if Yahoo also has an obscenity filter.   If
so, at least not as sensitive as the one that plagues Wim Vader, of the
Troms=F8 Museum in Norway, I trust.

Here in Australia our mailing list <birding-aus> is fortunate to be graced
with periodic reports from Vim as to the local situation in Troms=F8 -
weatherwise, and particularly with respect to the birds.   (It's nice for a
drought-stricken sun cancer-suffering Queenslander to read Wim's report of =
2
feet of snow on the ground.)

And he writes:

 In my garden I have a large tube-feeder, where I feed sunflower seeds;
these are very popular in these snow-times. Most of the visitors are
Paridae, the yellow and black Kj=F8ttmeis Parus major with its conspicuous
neck-tie, and the smaller, but very feisty Granmeis Parus montanus, all
black and white. (I use the Norwegian names for these birds, as using the
normal English vernacular names regularly gets me into trouble with all
sorts of filters, leading to refused mails and irate accusations of
obscenity, mirabile dictu!).

So here goes to check for any Yahoo obscenity filter:  for as no doubt you
realise, Parus major and  Parus montanus, are the Great Tit and the Willow
Tit.

Cheers

Syd Curtis
(Brisbane, Australia)