Bird Recordings request

Subject: Bird Recordings request
From: "mightyjoe60" mightyjoe60
Date: Mon Nov 6, 2006 3:34 am (PST)
Hello all,

This is my first post to the list.
I've been a member of the Phonography list for some time now, but a
theatre project that I am working on, prompted me to join this group
as well, to try and better understand some of the issues. I am a sound
artist/composer/performer, currently working on a new one-woman show,
by UK writer/actor Liz Rothschild, about 50's environmentalist Rachel
Carson. The show is called "Breaking the Silence" and will tour to
small-scale venues in the UK in 2007...
The soundscape consists entirely of field recordings of various birds,
countryside ambiences, seascapes etc, most of which I intend to record
myself or assemble and process as necessary. However, there are
a number of bird calls from species native to Pennsylvania and
Maine (some now extinct), where Rachel Carson lived and wrote "Silent
Spring", and it was these I was hoping the group might be able to help
me find.
I have a (very) small budget for the playreading at the end of
November and then a bigger budget (although this is theatre, so
budgets are always small) to licence these for use in the final tour.
In addition, there are a few other sounds, that I am also trying to
source, which are listed below as well.

Canada Geese returning north
purple finches
black capped chickadees
downy woodpeckers
ovenbirds
rose breasted grosbeaks
golden winger warblers
wood thrushes
veeries
albatross flying overhead
large iceberg melting and crumbling into the sea

Any help would be much appreciated, either directly or via links to
online resources that are low-cost. You can contact me off-list
directly at

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph Young