Re: comparison of high end preamps

Subject: Re: comparison of high end preamps
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Thu Nov 2, 2006 2:31 pm (PST)
On 11/2/06, oryoki2000 <> wrote:
> It's pretty rare to have the opportunity to listen to a comparison of
> expensive, highly regarded preamps, recorded under similar conditions.

> The preamps tested include
> Aerco MP2
> DAV Electronics Broadhurst Gardens #1
> Grace Designs Lunatec V3

> Of the three models, the Aerco is a "pocketable preamp," able to run
> on battery power and of small size.  So it's the best choice for use
> in the field. The other two are designed to run using mains power.  A

Comment,

The DAV runs exclusively on AC. Based on the many fine things I've
read about it, I traded mail a while back with the DAV folks about
whether they could customize one to run direct off DC to no avail,
they were flatly not interested in attempting to do that.

In the TS forum discussion someone mentions an inverter solution but
at that point you're well past my tolerance for carrying heavy boxes!
;)

best,
 aaron

--