Re: [gear] Primo EM158's (was Edirol R-09 updated review

Subject: Re: [gear] Primo EM158's (was Edirol R-09 updated review
From: "Gene Dorcas" genedorcas
Date: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:45 am (PDT)
I have a small qty of EM158s left. I'm in the process of ordering another
batch this morning.

http://www.frogloggers.com/FORMgallery4.htm

There are a few recordings at:   http://www.frogloggers.com/Recordings.htm

The last time I was out at night recording frogs I placed a pair of 158s on
each side of a tree truck and then placed a pair of 183s on the same tree
about a foot lower than the 158s. I alternated between the pairs recording
into the same RH1 recorder.  Just from listening with my Sennheiser HD 280
Pro headphones it seemed that the 183s were a little more sensitive and the
158s self-noise was a little lower.

Eric is still running tests but he stated a few days ago that it appears
that the freq. response of the 158 at the high end is a little better than
shown in the Primo spec.

Gene