[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Connector type

Subject: Re: Connector type
From: "Julian Baldwin" julianbaldwin
Date: Sun Oct 8, 2006 1:47 pm (PDT)
If I understand correctly the plug that you are referring to it is a 3 pin
DIN plug with a screw locking collar. These were (are) commonly referred to
as Tuchel plugs and were commonly used on pro audio gear, particularly in
Germany, before XLR plugs became more common. Sennheiser used them
There are certainly firms in the UK who will make up leads with the
appropriate plug / socket to fit these mics.

Hope that helps.

Bristol, England
 Connector type
From: "Russell"  rwhb1
Date: Sat Oct 7, 2006 12:26 pm (PDT)

Could someone advise on the correct name for the audio connector that
fits my Sennheiser MKH805 and K3N body. I understand they are DIN
41524 but what is the comon name?

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."
Klas Strandberg

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the naturerecordists mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU