Re: Connector type

Subject: Re: Connector type
From: "Julian Baldwin" julianbaldwin
Date: Sun Oct 8, 2006 1:47 pm (PDT)
Russell,
If I understand correctly the plug that you are referring to it is a 3 pin
DIN plug with a screw locking collar. These were (are) commonly referred to
as Tuchel plugs and were commonly used on pro audio gear, particularly in
Germany, before XLR plugs became more common. Sennheiser used them
extensively.
There are certainly firms in the UK who will make up leads with the
appropriate plug / socket to fit these mics.

Hope that helps.

Julian
Bristol, England
****************************
 Connector type
From: "Russell"  rwhb1
Date: Sat Oct 7, 2006 12:26 pm (PDT)

Could someone advise on the correct name for the audio connector that
fits my Sennheiser MKH805 and K3N body. I understand they are DIN
41524 but what is the comon name?

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."