[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Connector type

Subject: Re: Connector type
From: "Marc Myers" buffymarmoset
Date: Sun Oct 8, 2006 4:46 am (PDT)
...And the other end of that cable was a connector that looked like a 
larger version of a telephone or cat 5 network connector and it had a 
spiral stress releasing cable. Found one just the other day in my bin of 
forgotten cables.

We've just always called them 5-pin din cables. They were also used, for 
unknown reasons, to connect the TV cameras to external batteries, 
notably those huge heavy power belts. Found a couple of those also.

oryoki2000 wrote:
> The 5 pin version of the DIN 41524 connector is
> the same as that used on the original IBM PC AT
> keyboard. Does that help?
> --oryoki

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the naturerecordists mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU