imaginary soundscape installation

Subject: imaginary soundscape installation
From: "edmund mooney" thesaurus111
Date: Fri Oct 6, 2006 6:56 am (PDT)
hello,

my name is edmund mooney.
i've been an avid lurker on the nature recordists since i joined but have
yet to post.

i am a composer/electronic musician, acoustic ecologist and am an active
member of the New York Society for Acoustic Ecology.

i am creating an installation for the upcoming 5 dutch days festival in new
york city.
the piece i am involved is called Peter Stuyvesant's Ghost and is about
exploring the idea of the mid 17th century farm of Peter stuyvesant on what
amounts to most of present day eastern greenwich village.

here's the url to learn more
http://www.cityinasoundwalk.org/psg/index.html

i'm wondering if anyone from the list who lives within commuting distance
from new york city would like to help me create an accurate bird and insect
soundscape as the back drop for my soundscapes involving 4 divergent points
on the map.

i am exploring four land features,

the east river,
a scating pond
a bowery or orchard
open cultivated fields.

i know that all these four points would have slightly different flora and
fauna and involve species that are extinct now. these expolorations will
take the form of 4 10 minute emmersive minute soundscapes
to be listened to whiloe walking to the present day geographical points and
also at fixed locations.

if anyone wants tro get involved or knows someone who might  please email me

the project would complete by mid november but we wound need to start work
soon.

thanks in advance

edmund mooney