Re: DIY Parabolic Dishes.

Subject: Re: DIY Parabolic Dishes.
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Sun Oct 1, 2006 8:21 am (PDT)
Well, we do have issues with standing waves to be honest.
My simple response was "do not worry so about them".
It becomes very complex very fast from there.

Some of the effect you get with a parabolic you will like and some you
wont.  If a very flat freq response is the goal then a parabolic is
not the way to record. Some day when I have the time and a fresh snow
I will post the freq plot of my dish

If you are going to use a smaller dish I do recommend that you run
some eq to curve the high freqs down some.

Rich

--- In  "John Hartog"