Re: canada.com Story

Subject: Re: canada.com Story
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:09 pm (PDT)
As habitats and species (and to keep this on topic =96 natural
soundscapes) become rarer they will continue to become more valuable
in the public eye, and more and more people will place a higher value
on habitat protection.  More land use restrictions are probably
inevitable, but even so, good soil and habitats (and quiet places)
will continue to be destroyed by development.

It is always a tragedy when good people's (especially nature sound
recordists) livelihoods become compromised.  I would agree they should
be compensated for their losses, however unlikely.

John Hartog