Re: Gear advice?

Subject: Re: Gear advice?
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:10 pm (PDT)
Well unlike a lot of the preamps we had been discussing in our recent
thread...you will need a preamp with XLR ins and outs.  I have a Sound
Devices MP2 which has been great...it handles loud stuff with kid
gloves...the MP1 would be the equivalent mono version of that I believe.

To be honest...I have an FR2 and the preamps on it are pretty damn
good...you 'could' go with those alone.

If you anticipate loud transients just make sure that the input level
is turned down a bit...to allow for the loud stuff.

Danny