Re: nightbirding

Subject: Re: nightbirding
From: "cfmspencer" cfmspencer
Date: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:50 am (PDT)
--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:

> Posted by: "oryoki2000"

> > They are.  That doesn't make them less annoying when you're
trying to
> > make a recording.
>
> Agreed  However, Human beings should never forget that they are
just
> another primate on the planet, that includes nature recordists. A
very
> annoying and destructive primate to be sure.
>
> > My favorite such "natural soundscape" was captured while trying
> > record an antbird vocalization.  Nearby, a companion was quietly
> > explaining to others how he gets an extra 2 days' use from a
pair of
> > underwear by turning them inside out!
>
> In my nightime field survey work on frogs I've often had domestic
> disputes to record around. And even the occasional drug dealers.
Though
> they are less a problem than dogs and human's machinery.
>
> Walt

I was recording - in High Def video - the 360 degree panorama from
one of the highest peaks in Vermont recently, with audio
as well, when an argument broke out between two small groups
of people - one of which had 'claimed the mountain' upon
arrival, and another who was attempting to be stewards
of the fragile alpine(like) vegetation at the top.

surprising to say the least.

clay