Re: [gear] flash card prices decline

Subject: Re: [gear] flash card prices decline
From: "Chuck B" cgbragg
Date: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:47 pm (PDT)
oryoki2000 wrote:

>The meltdown in flash memory card prices continues.  This is good news
>for field recordists using digital recording gear.

<snip>

    And it may explain how I was able to buy a Wolverine 60GB FlashPac
for $90 after rebates a couple of weeks ago. (It's not the fastest, but
it does work and the battery lasts for about 6GB of download - enough
for my usage).

>So there's no need to purchase the fast flash cards, often labeled
>"Ultra," "Extreme," or "Pro," for audio recording.  (You may wish to
>use the faster flash cards for digital photography, where the higher
>card speed decreases the time you must wait between exposures.)

    But none of them can actually keep up with 3/sec series of RAW
photos for long.

========
Chuck Bragg, Pacific Palisades, CA
Membership, Newsletter, Web manager