Re: tall stand

Subject: Re: tall stand
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Fri Sep 8, 2006 7:08 pm (PDT)
Posted by: "Rich Peet"

> AKG $35.00 boom arm mic stand. Wedged between the car top carriers of
> a minivan give you 13 feet and a mic stand to use for other more
> standard applications.  I have driven 15 mph with the mic fully
> extended without an problem. That is if you don't count the questions
> I was asked by the law when they came upon me.

I built a mast for my truck canopy a while back. Clamp a Bogen super
clamp on one of the roof bars (they are solidly bolted to the top of the
canopy), then I built a pole mast with light stand like couplings I
machined. That plugs into the clamp's socket. A piece of stainless
tubing for the mast, aluminum fittings epoxy glued in the ends. That
mast get's me a little over 12' plus whatever height the mic gives. I
could build a taller one, it's height was determined by the length of
tubing I just happened to have. I'm pretty sure the mast could take full
highway speeds, though maybe not with a telinga at the top, but I don't
drive around with it up.

Walt

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,