Re: HI-MD that upload to Mac

Subject: Re: HI-MD that upload to Mac
From: "Roy Beckham" royefinch
Date: Tue Sep 5, 2006 9:26 am (PDT)
Posted by: "Rob Danielson"
<=3D%20Re%3A%20HI-MD%20that%20upload%20to%20=

  danielson_rob <http://profiles.yahoo.com/danielson_rob>
Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:56 pm (PST)

> Hi Roy--
> Sure, I'd start recording with that mic and set aside some time to
> compare your results with lower noise mics people of this list can
> vouch for. I have an Hi-MD page that has some suggestions about how
> to take greater advantage of it's low noise/high gain mic preamp with
> fairly low cost options.

Talk about a delay in responding...

Thanks Rob. I have started some testing with the ECM-DS70P. There is a
bit more background noise than I would like, but don't know if that is
the mic or the Hi-MD's preamp, or... .It is really only noticeable in
the very quiet recordings where I have manually turned up the rec. levels.

I'll keep playing and we'll see how it performs when I get to Australia.

Thanks again,

Roy