Re: IBW experts. crummy footage? then we need to throw talent at it!

Subject: Re: IBW experts. crummy footage? then we need to throw talent at it!
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:37 pm (PDT)
Good grief Rip... I said I don't want to turn it into an IBW list it doesn'=
mean you can't! I just don't believe it exists, that's all!! Regardless of
the amount of birders and Cornell staff, there is still no conclusive
evidence to the bird's existence. I believe Cornell released their evidence
last year prematurely, there was a lot of hype that went with it and still
we have no concrete evidence. The Kent calls are not convincing David Sible=
also believes the bird doesn't exist; does that make him right because he i=
a respectable birder?

Seeing (or hearing) is believing as with the Yeti, Big Foot, Loch Ness
Monster.. Jane Goodall is a very respectable person, because she believes i=
Big Foot, why should I believe in it too? She also believes in God, I
definitely don't. What's your point here?

Where is the anecdotal & physical evidence gathered? Go on, I suppose you
believe in UFO'S too (I am joking by the way)

I believe they would have found the Ivory Bill by now if it exists, the ide=
that this bird is skittish makes me laugh, they were able to film it back i=
1920 with the bird landing on someone's hat!! Leaving autonomous recorders
around and spending the entire season out in the swamps would have given us
something to believe in.. Up to know there is nothing but controversy..

You personally show me that it exists and I will eat my 744 recorder...

Kindest regards possible..

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

 <http://www.naturesound.org/> http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: