Re: Source for Faux Fur (was Diy M/S suspension

Subject: Re: Source for Faux Fur (was Diy M/S suspension
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:57 pm (PDT)
I have been given a private tour of this factory which is basically
the origin of faux fur.  I know if we had enough desire to come up
with a roll they would manufacture to any spec we would want.  I think
it would not be hard for this company to beat the Senn or Rycote
products out there.

I would suggest recommending the most thin mat that is as open as
possible that has the most bidirectional stretch as possible.  For the
fur I would recomend a camo green with black tips in a 2.5" pile.  But
I would be open to others input on that.

I would be interested in contributing to an order.

Rich

--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:

> Hi Bruce--
> Rich Peet recommended this company in Janesville, WI to me.
> http://www.montereymills.com/list.htm They could be one of the larger
> manufs of this product.
>
> Perhaps go with a ~3" pile height like the Shag
> http://www.montereymills.com/Catalog_c58710.html or the Fox
> http://www.montereymills.com/Catalog_i1375570.html?catId=59348. I bet
> the Shag has a looser weave which would be more sonically
> transparent. Not too bad @ $11/sq yard. Rob D.
>

> At 10:50 AM -0600 8/16/06, Bruce Wilson wrote:
> >  Anyone know of an online source for that long synthetic fur? All
I can find