Re: Idea's for recording kit

Subject: Re: Idea's for recording kit
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:15 pm (PDT)
It will be interesting to know what you find with your tests, Rich.

I'm wondering if the "no noticeable decrease in gain with a barrier"
effect is particular to less-rigid dish materials.  Because the dish
warps under its own weight a bit the focus also becomes somewhat
warped or stretched, thus the gain at any specific point is already
compromised.  A barrier might make up for this a bit by obstructing
the diffusion or by offering a pressure zone.
Based on this conjecture, would you say I'm on -  A:) good caffeine,
or B:( Bad caffeine?

-John Hartog

--- In  "Rich Peet" <>