Re: Oops, I meant Shure WL-183

Subject: Re: Oops, I meant Shure WL-183
From: "David K=FCrland" hdkurland
Date: Thu Aug 3, 2006 11:54 pm (PDT)
--- In  "Danny Meltzer"
<> wrote:

> Oh yeah David,
>
> I also got these little Rycote windjammers for the WL183s...they
have
> worked flawlessly so far.
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
O=3Dproductlist&A=3Ddetails&Q=3D&sku=3D253753&is=3DREG&addedTroughType=3Dse=
arch

> I know $50 seems insane for little fluffy balls, but so does $800
for
> a zeppelin/suspension rig.  That's the cost of having British
citizens
> make something I guess.
>
> I just use the clips that come with the WL183s and clip them to a
> headband, hat and wear them like that.  It's similar to the setup
> you'd get with a Sonic Studios setup.  But if I want to record some
> ants or something I can take the windjammer off and just stick one
of
> the lavs down the hole.  It's versatile like that.
>
> If you want to hear something recorded with these mics ASAP [before
my
> site goes up] then I can email you an MP3.  Let me know.
>
> Danny

Wow, $25 for a fluffy ball, just goes to show a person can make an
art of anything!

I would like to hear a recording with your setup. You can send it to
me at work (a faster connection than at home):

Many thanks for the offer.

Anyone else have a recording made with these mics avalible for
listening?

Once again, thanks to all for the info and comments.

-David